Sunday, March 8, 2009
My shaped perspective on the environment
My mom seems to have had a large impact on my perspective of the environment. I grew up in a less fortunate, low incomer family. For this reason, I had less expectations and learned ways of how to save and conserve. For example, my mother ingrained in me how to make the most out of what one has and how to reuse resources to cut wasteful habits. For instance, to recycle all paper, glass, and plastic. The extra money from recycling would go to a bill or to buy food for the house. Growing up in these circumstances gave me a deeper emotional appreciation of the environment and taught me how to be conservative with my habits. I truly believe what tends to shape ones life and how they view the environment would really consist of a couple factors: economic status, who is influential in their life, location of where one lives, religion, political affiliation and any social or culture groups associated with the person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ya I agree that the way u were taught by your parents shapes your ideas of the environment. I live in Granite bay so it was a completly different. My parents defiantly sheltered me lol.
ReplyDelete