Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kate Hayes (Guest Speaker)

Kate Hayes (Guest Speaker)- I liked Kate's interesting topic on Affluenza. The word to me defines the United States to the "T." USA is almost as fast of growing in this area as China and Japan is. Affluenza turns citizens into comsumers. For Example, It influences if product is a year or two old its out dated that "you," that its time to up grade and buy a new one. Like cell phones these days people seems to have for maybe 5 months to a year old and start to feel if they should get a new one. Im kinda of guilty in this area because i seem to be apart of the process working for a cell company. My job is to talk people into upgrading to a new cell phone even when it could go alittle longer with the same phone. I have to keep my job but im also for the environment as well.
I just love all the guest speaker that have brought awareness to the classroom for a greater impact on the enviromnent by living sustainability than just depelting and destroying those concepts all Americans seem to know how to do very well. I think this class should be offer in grade school as well as high school, by doing this will get kids educated on this subject at a younger age and more equipt to make a different.

No comments:

Post a Comment